Established in the early 1970s, the Workers Health Centre is Australia’s oldest workers health and safety and return to work service.
The Workers Health Centre is used by trade unions, employers including some of Australia's largest companies and organisations, government departments, local councils and community organisations.
The WHC provides services to some of Australia’s largest companies and organisations. Our clients include: Australia Post; Australian Defence Industries; Boeing; BIC Ltd; Freight Corp; Historic Houses Trust; Lendlease; Multiplex; NRMA; Nestle Australia; NSW Cancer Council; Qantas; State Library of NSW; State Rail; Sydney City Council; Sydney Ferries; Tip Top Bakeries and the University of Sydney.
Workers Health prides itself on proving quality evidence based services that include:
Injury management and return to work services
Work,Health and Safety advice and training
Ergonomic assessment and advice
Our Granville premises has a reference library with an extensive collection of publications and documents on OH&S. These include the ILO Encyclopedia of OH&S, Codes of Practice, Australian Standards and international and local journals on health and safety. The library hours are from 10 am to 4pm, Monday to Friday (please note that materials may not be removed from the library).
The Workers Health Centre is defined by its values. The values underpin the Centre’s performance, integrity, professionalism, reputation and responsive service to its clients and stakeholders.
The Workers Health Centre:
- places the health, well-being, welfare and safety of staff, clients and visitors to the Centre as a priority
- promotes respect, responsibility and accountability
- is sensitive to the diversity of its clients, staff, stakeholders and visitors
- performs its functions in a professional manner with integrity and honesty
- provides a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination
- recognises and uses the diversity of the Australia community
- strives to perform to the highest ethical standards
- provides frank, honest, accurate advice to management, clients, staff and stakeholders, visitors
- delivers its services fairly, equitably, effectively courteously, and for value
- provides leadership in Occupational Health and Safety
- provides a fair system of review and appeal, feedback and contributions from staff, clients, stakeholders and visitors